Thursday, March 1, 2007

Loving Blaine

I've had a difficult week and just wanted to praise to the internet heavens my dear husband Blaine. I've been a big ball of complaining goo & he has been mildly amused my me while not complaining much in return. I really appreciate him.

Here's a list of great things about Blaine:
  1. He bought me beautiful flowers for Valentine's Day (even after I was a little insistent, you know - giving him the name & location of the florist). They were a beautifully arranged mix of 5 red roses and some awesome orchids (white w/ pink tinge). AND...ordered mini pizzas - that he served up on our china - because it is my favorite food.
  2. He took me out to dinner for our anniversary - five "blissful" years.... to Roy's at Spanish Bay in Pebble Beach. It was delicious.
  3. He went to brunch with my family last Sunday in Salinas. Neither of us really wanted to make the drive after all the driving we do all week, but he did & DIDN'T COMPLAIN. (that is really important to me)
  4. He has listened to my constant complaining about school.
  5. He came with me to the Soledad Awards Banquet ( I was awarded by the Oldtown Association for "Volunteer of the Year").
  6. He is funny & makes me smile.
  7. He cooks yummy dinners practically every night.
  8. When I cry about getting that danged "monthly visitor" again, he tries really hard to say the right thing.

Basically, Blaine is a lot nicer than I usually make him out to be. I just wanted everyone to know that I really do love him & am thankful that he is my husband.

1 comment:

jodi serrano said...

YAY! I loved reading this, stace. The longer I am married, the more I realize how important it is to say good things about our spouses to other people. Thanks for being a good example and encouraging me to do the same...