Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Oh, yeah... I rule!



More acurately: WE rule.

Yes, that's right.

Studly Yvonne and Super Stacey completed the Los Gatos Jungle Run 10k while all you lazy butts were sleeping in past 4:15 (our Soledad wake up time) on Sunday morning.

Yvonne is Studly Yvonne because this was no thang for her amazingness.  She has completed a FULL MARATHON before.  Yes, you read that correctly: a full 26.2 mile torturingly long time of running her little heart out.

Me, on the other hand, am aptly named Super Stacey due to the super human strength it took for me to complete the 6.2 painstaking miles up and down the hills in Los Gatos.  It was my first time.  

Although I am Super, I was disappointed with my time.  I wanted to complete the race in 1 hour.  My chip time was about 1 hour, 2 1/2 minutes.  Oh well, next time.

And there will be a next time.  

We are training for the 1/2 marathon this fall: she is doing the Nike women's half-marathon in SF in October, and I am doing the Big Sur 1/2 marathon in November.  

You can, too.  Trust me, if I can do it, anyone can.

Good Luck!

1 comment:

Katie said...

Ok... so you need to get up here to Salinas so you can bust my booty into shape! <3 Katie