Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Dreaming of living in Spreckels

Jodi and her twin girlies spent the past week at our house.  In fact, I think they have spent more nights in our guest room than in their own beds in the past four weeks.  It is good to have family around to support each other during these tumultuous times.

Jane really loves having her cousins around.  You know, they are only one month - exactly - apart in age.  They are really, practically, triplets.  

Jane wakes up in the morning, or from a nap and just freezes: listening through the house to see who is here.  It is pretty sad when, like this morning, there are no other little baby sounds.  It is only you and me baby.  (name that song)

Anyhow, we love them and are glad to spend time with them.


Jane's first Flip-Flops
A Proud Day.

Saturday I was treated (by myself!) to a facial and afternoon of Easter shopping.  Blaine had Jane and I just had me.  I perused the Marina Michael's store for scrapbooking goodies without any nagging by the hubby or whining by the kid.  I tried on clothes at Old Navy without stopping to change a diaper.  And finally, I walked through Target without ..... well, I got kinda bored at that point.

So, I tortured myself and stopped by the model homes in Spreckels.  Oh, to live in Spreckels.  Windy, yes - but so is Soledad!  Small town, yes - and even smaller than Soledad!  But, oh the adorable houses!  Oh, the adorable park!  

**sigh**

Someday.

4 comments:

robin said...

oh my. when you live in spreckels, can i please live with you. spreckels is perfect, in my book.

Jamie B said...

The house across the street from me is for sale!

Patty said...

Don't stop dreaming. Dreams have been known to come true. I plan to visit you someday in "Spreckels."

ZaMarCalMOMMY said...

We would love to have you up here! Would Jane and Calleigh be in the same class year??? We are in the Spreckels School District where we live! Brian and Stacy LOVE LOVE LOVE living in Spreckels and their new home!!!! It would be perfect for you, Blaine & Jane! xoxxo