Saturday, June 7, 2014

Project Life: March

When I began 2014 with the goal of scrapbooking in the form of Project life, I had no idea that I would actually like it!  It gives me a creative outlet while documenting what some might consider the mundane parts of our lives.  

But I LIVE in the mundane, people!

The most trying, frustrating, absolute-insanity-making moments of my life are rather mundane.

"get dressed"

"get dressed"

"get DRESSED"

"GET DRESSED!!!!!"

You know those moments?  The I-am-trying-to-get-these-little-people-to-follow-my-directions moments?  




Some of my most beautiful, lovely, tear-inducing moments are also mundane.




"You are the best mommy in the world"
(spoken when they aren't even asking for ice cream)




Watching one jump higher, read stronger, play with an imagination that is so out-of-this-world awesome - this is pure beauty.




And THAT is why I scrapbook anyway.  To leave a mark in this world that we were here, dangit!

We matter.

They matter.

You matter.

{Writing the word matter a bunch of times looks weird.  It sounds weird in my head, too. }

And that matters, too.




Nothing is really mundane.  It is just part of my story.  My average, run-of-the-mill, so-so, bench-ridin', hold the hot sauce, kind of story.

And it is beautiful.

So is yours.


Fondly,
Stacey


No comments: