Wednesday, March 7, 2007

Non-Baby Woes


Here is my beautiful baby nephew Trevor! This photo was taken last month when Blaine & I babysat for 1 week (2 Feb- 9 Feb). I tried to take a picture of him everyday so I could give it to his mom, but I just take forever to get them to his mom!
Speaking of being a mom, I am super bummed (this word is much more neutral than my real feelings) that I will be having shoulder surgery & thus cannot be preggo.
I am REALLY sad.
The schedule is such: it is now March 7th. I leave for Denmark in 2 weeks - March 22nd. I get back on the 3rd of April. Then, I have a prior engagement on April 13th (my half-birthday, by the way). I will try to schedule the surgery for the w/o April 19th. That's two more months of no baby!
That just seems like for-ev-er. (Picture Squints Paladoras saying it from the movie The Sandlot) For-ev-er!
So, please commiserate with me & leave a comment. Just don't tell me it's not really that big of a deal, because I just need to mourn for a bit. Thanks.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Trevor is such a cutie! It is very hard to wait for something you want so badly. I know it isn't easy, but the truth is your baby will come when she/he is destined to. It seems like an eternity to wait, nevertheless think of all you can do in two months time to make the world a better place to bring your child into. love, your workout buddy

Anonymous said...

I hear you, Stace! Granted...at this point in time you don't want people to sympathize with you, especially when they are pregnant! Sorry. BUT, I remember like it was yesterday when friend after friend would be pregnant, and it was hard to hear. I also remember hearing stories when we were trying to adopt, about how people would adopt a baby and then miraculously get pregnant. I remember thinking "Shut up! I hate hearing those stories just leave me alone!"...now look at me. Just remember GOD's timing is perfect, and if we try and rush it, we needlessly stress ourselves out. I'm praying for you guys. Love ya! Big Sis Amanda