Tuesday, February 10, 2009


Just playing in fully manual mode on my new camera.  It is tough to get Jane to actually smile, but I love the natural light colors.  Once I figure out more Photoshop (I only have Elements) I will play around with different levels and masks, and layers!  

I am a new-ish follower to The Pioneer Woman (thepioneerwoman.com).  She is a funny lady that writes about her life on the Prairie, as well as cooking and photography (including photoshop) tips!  She cracks me up!  Visit her today.  You won't be sorry.


Here I am trying out more photos of Jane the morning after our Nikon class.  This is program mode.


And this great shot was taken in auto, sans flash.  I have an entire series and they are too danged adorable.  Blaine's mud (and probably pesticide)-caked boots.  They are up to her (you-know-what) and her feet are barely touching the bottom of the shoes.  She really wanted to be in them, and then she really wanted to be out of them!  A-dor-a-ble.

I hope you are all having a fabulous day filled with more excitement than mine!  (laundry, laundry, and diaper duty).

SW

2 comments:

robin said...

awesome! thanks for the updates! i love them. . . keep them coming.

good job with the pictures. i want to be a better photographer and have mad skills like you!

jane is soooooo sooooo suuupppeeer adorable! i love her!

Anonymous said...

Great pics Stacey! Being able to take 4-6 frames per second is a blessing and a curse sometimes because you have a lot of good pics to choose from. My 250GB hard drive is already full from just a single year of videos and photos.