Monday, February 22, 2010

MONDAY TOP TEN: my new coffee maker


Isn't she a beaut? I finally broke down and purchased a real-live big ol' coffee maker!

In honor of this big step into my grown-up life,

MONDAY TOP TEN:
my new coffemaker!



1. It is so cute. It is shiny, black, and fits just perfect under the cabinets by the paper towel holder. And, there is an outlet right there - just waiting for a coffee maker!


2. I have plenty of coffee beans. See this beautiful shiny photo of the Starbucks Espresso Roast. Bold, but not overwhelming. These beans smell so darn delicious.



3. next step: grinding the beans. I use enough to fill to that line in the center. Just enough to cover the blades well.



4. I am the only one in this house who drinks coffee, so I just fill up the carafe with "6 cups". Which is really only 30 oz. Weird how "they" at Cuisinart have decided to recalibrate the CUP. Power hungry devils.


5. See that paper filter? You know the one. The most amazing invention by man to date. How easy does that paper filter make things? Answer: very. I bought this coffee maker just so I could use paper filters.




6. LOOK HOW EASY THIS CLEANUP IS!!!




7. See what I am saying about the "CUPs"? Just who do they think they are anyway?



8. Ok, back on topic here. I love coffee that is really just an additive to the creamer. You see, creamer is sweet, delicious, and - well - creamy. Coffee is kinda bitter and tough to get used to. Creamer makes it perfect.




9. Now, now, coffee. Don't you be sad. I really do like you. You are hot, and warm, and give me more energy to face the day. Did I mention you were warm? Don't worry coffee, you have lots of good qualities, too. I just like you even more with creamer, ok?



10. I love coffee.... as long as it has lots creamer... and is still hot... but not too hot... and has been made in a simple machine that is easy to clean.




Wishing you a day with much love, warmth, and creamer,
Stacey Erin Cheatham Wilson


P.S. Dear French Press, you introduced me to this gateway drug: coffee. That was weird. You ended up not being very friendly when I suggested you take a bath. So persnickity. And another thing - you might be in movies and have a fancy name like "french" - but you are really just another coffee maker. So, get off your high horse already and get a paper filter.



4 comments:

Mrs. Gray said...

Love it! Coffee is GOOD! I think you and your coffee maker will be good friends(especially if Jane keeps you up all night)!

Patty said...

I still cannot get over how many pots of coffee we drank on our scrapbook retreat. I also can't wait to come drink coffee with you.

Jamie B. said...

I personally like a little bit of coffee with my creamer! I will have to stop by one of these days and we can fill it to the 10 cup mark!

Deaners said...

Nice to see you finally broke down and got a coffee maker. Now you need a Burr grinder.