Wednesday, March 3, 2010

WEDNESDAY TOP TEN! the closet commandments

The Ten Commandments
Of Hanging Clothing


1. Thou Shalt Hang as Much as Possible in Thy Closet


2. Thou Shalt Not Hang Sweaters


3. Thou Shalt Banish Wire Hangers From Thy Closet


4. Thou Shalt Have Matching Hangers


5. Thou Shalt Use Appropriate Hangers for Appropriate Garments


6. Thou Shalt Not Kill Clothes with Plastic


7. Honor Thy Breathing Room in Thy Clothing


8. Thou Shalt Not Hang Thy Clothes with Strangers


9. Thou Shalt Color Code


10 .Honor Thy Pants and Thy Sweaters!




My sister Jodi sent this to me. Who knows where she found it. Regardless, it is the code by which I live.


Happy Organizing,
Stace-in-your-face

3 comments:

Team Hayes said...

Almost all of them contradict number one. First of all, to fit the maximum amount in your closet, wire hangars are a MUST, and breathing room is non-existent! Plus, you can't say "don't hang sweaters" and then have "honor thy sweaters" as commandment. I will write a serious 10 commandments of the closet, and it will make sense! Be looking for it.

Mrs. Gray said...

Our closets may have deviated from the system you helped organize! We may need a closet inspection!

aubry. said...

i am guilty of un-matching hangers...

but some of those hangers have followed me my whole life through, without thought. they wandered my parents house until i move out, then i carried them with me to idaho, and they've stuck around utah.

hangers don't cost much, but i've got a lot of clothes... and i'd rather buy diet coke with my extra dollars than hangers.

right?