Monday, March 29, 2010

NOT a Monday Top Ten

Today I miss you, my dear blog reader.

Life has been a little crazy (or is that just normal?) lately.

Marie and I had a successful trip to LA for viewing the fall fashions to order. We also brought home lots of immediates available for Spring/Summer. The coveted "wife beater" ribbed tank was almost elusive to us at a reasonable price, but we finally found one at the last moment! Yay! Other highlights of our LA trip include the places we got to eat: the best sushi in the world, and the Bottega Louie. Our hotel was old with amazing architecture, and they were filming an HBO show there one of the days! Cool!

Blaine's surgery has been postponed until the geniuses at Stanford medical can figure out what to do for him in the area of recovery pain management. We all sure wish they were able to figure it out before they cancelled the surgery Thursday night! (it was supposed to be a go Friday at 7am). Uncool.

I am busy trying to tie up loose ends and figure out how to fill our spaces needed for MOPS spa day on Monday April 12. If you have any product you would like to donate, or a spa-type service you can provide: call me, sister! It is going to be a super relaxing morning where moms get to be pampered and relax. Cool!

Saturday morning I got a call from Wyatt asking me to be the fifth in their Mud Run team. One guy was out for work. Blaine came home. I drove out to Fort Ord. I donned a Salinas Rural Fire shirt, and was a total poser for the previously-all-fireman-team. Somehow I kicked butt (compared to my team's time last year). I think it had to do with being the slowest one on the team, and trying to play catch up the whole time! whatev! Cool!


1 comment:

Paula said...

What's Blaine having surgery for? I hope it's not too serious. I wish (sometimes) that I still lived in town-- I'd love to visit the store!