Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Peepshi

New Easter tradition:

Peepshi




If you'd rather: Peep Sushi


This "food" essentially combines my two ultimate favorites: Sushi and peeps. It looks like sushi, but is really not! Super cute, right?


Here's how this went down: Saturday was slow at the store, so I was cruising the "news" on Facebook. My dear scrapbooking friend Christina made some comment about wishing she was home making peep sushi.

HOLD THE PHONE.

Did she just say peep sushi?

Yes, she did.

So, I found this fabulousness at www.seriouseats.com. All you need is the packaged rice krispy treats (of course you could make your own, too), fruit-by-the-foot, and different colors of peeps. I was so excited that I went out and bought WAY too many peeps.


You then slice the treat, slice the fruit roll a little bit longer, and chop off some poor defenseless peep's head. Poor peep. Roll it up.


As we were down at the Fanoe cabin Saturday night pretty much all by ourselves, I made two plates full of Peepshi. But, did I bring my camera for Easter? NO. What a fabulous mom, right. FAIL.

Hopefully, you aren't dissatisfied by these stolen pictures off the seriouseats website. Mine looked sooo much better. Or, maybe kinda similar....




I asked several other people to take a photo of my Peepshi for me. We will see if I procure a copy soon. If so, will post!

3 comments:

Team Hayes said...

They make green fruit-by-the-foot. You know how I know? I am eating it right now. :) I want to go buy some clearance peeps and make some peepsashimi! Cute.

Amanda Evans said...

That is rockin' awesome!

Cori Gentry said...

This is amazing. I have a thing for peep torture and this is right up my alley... when I was in Canada 1/2 my pictures are me doing evil things to peeps. Next Easter, peepshi is so on the menue