Thursday, April 29, 2010

Hawaii Top Ten

I should begin with saying that #1 is leaving your kid(s) at home. Vacations just aren't the same with your kid(s) dictating the entire schedule and agenda items.

For a quick contrast:

Vacation WITHOUT kid(s): sleeping in at your leisure;
Vacation WITH kid(s): wake up to "mama, beach?" "MAMA, BEACH!!"

Vacation WITHOUT kid(s): dust the sand off your feet as you meander slowly out to dinner;
Vacation WITH kid(s): drag your kid into the bath tub immediately to try to remove millions of sand particles from every possible orifice (including ones you really didn't think of)

Vacation WITHOUT kid(s): eat out at a lovely restaurant every evening, watching the sun go down;
Vacation WITH kid(s): force feeding mac-n-cheese in the hotel room

Vacation WITHOUT kid(s): explore the island and sunbathe
Vacation WITH kid(s): take a ride on the "Pineapple Express"



with that little disclaimer complete,

here is my Hawaii Top Ten!!!!


1. Eating Dole pineapple frozen deliciousness at the pineapple plantation.




2. Watching the amazing sunsets from our perch on the 35th of Trump Towers.




3. Taking the kids to the infinity pool at Trump. Wishing triplets on anyone who dare sneer at us with all 5 cousins screaming.




4. Playing on the beach with Parker, Trevor & Jane. (note: cleaning up from playing on the beach NOT in the top ten: see above disclaimer).




5. Kylie's adorable matching dress gift for Jane & Jocelyn. They were both nap-time zombies in this photo.




6. Aunt Kylie's weekend visit & playing with the kids so I could try to sleep in a little longer. Try.




7. Jane really took to the ukelele (sp?). She was rockin' it all week.




8. Jane and I woke up Tuesday morning to an amazing full rainbow as we sat on the balcony to eat our breakfast. What an amazing reminder of God's promises.




9. Also on Tuesday (Jane & I were rollin' solo that day) we ate a super delicious lunch on the patio at Roy's. She's showing off the seasoned edamame that she pretty much ate all of by herself.




10. Last morning. Savoring the view from our suite in Amanda's amazing apartment in the "tallest building". THANK YOU AUNT JODI & AUNT AMANDA for a fantastic trip!



So there you go.

Hawaii.


I swear I was there, I just was behind the camera. Trust me: be thankful.


Aloha & Mahalo,
Stace-in-your-face

6 comments:

jodi serrano said...

thought of you guys the whole time! seriously, it was borderline obsessive. i kept checking airfare thinking in my head, "at least we can see them for 3 days....2 days.....1 day....". i'm so glad you had a wonderful (albeit tiring) vacation to hawaii! hope you are feeling well with #2 onboard.

Amanda Evans said...

Love the pic of Jane and JJ! Sorry you couldn't stay for longer! And, I agree that our trip here in Jan kicked a$$

Little White Shanty said...

so fun! i'm totally, totally jealous. and by the way, jane should be a model.

robin said...

oh, and that last comment was me. oops.

Paula said...

Sounds like you and Jane had a wonderful time! I agree with Amanda: the pic of Jane and cousin is precious. I'm traveling alone with Malia in June so I hope that I survive it all.

Kylie, since 1982 said...

Haha, I will always remember dancing around to "I wanna Rock and Roll all Night", "Low Rider" and "I like to Move it move it" with those kids on that huge bed with that amazing view! And even though your photo looks like I'm trying to sleep, we'd been up for hours playing already! Haha!