Friday, November 12, 2010

Friday

Today is Friday.


You probably already knew that.


The thing about today is that I didn't really think i would be here at work! I keep expecting this kid to arrive! I keep expecting my water to break! I keep expecting the painful contractions to stay around for longer than an hour! I keep expecting something that is not happening.


I'm sure you feel really sorry for me. Especially you moms who had to endure 42 weeks of pregnancy. Especially you moms who had to endure DAYS of laboring at full force. Especially you moms who had to endure pushing a huge kid out your who-ha. Or worse.


I'm sorry for complaining at 38 weeks 6 days. I am weak! I am a wuss! I am poor! Please forgive me.


Whew.


Thank you for listening.


You rule.


Maybe you could rule even more & come visit me at the store today? Bring ice cream? Just talk? Encourage me? Hug me? Buy a bunch of maternity clothes? Tell me I look skinny? Bring french fries? Wash my car? Just a few suggestions.


Or was that really pushing it?


Love ya,
Still Pregnant Stacey

7 comments:

Lindsey Alves said...

Well... I think you DO look fabulous!!! I wish I could swing by and bring you ice cream and a hug.... Monday will be here before you know it. You will be holding your son, and forget all about how pregnant you were this week... You will be in my thoughts and prayers for a safe delivery of your newest blessing!

Paula Jones said...

Stace, I DO feel for you. But only because I know that in April I'll be feeling the same way. Hang in there! That baby boy will be here before you know it!!!

robin said...

i would have done all those things for you. believe me, i would have. if i didn't freaking live on the other side of the united states.

grr....

and i know how horrible the end of a pregnancy is. it's bad. real bad. i'm thinking of you...

Unknown said...

It's too bad I didn't read this before I went to the store. I would've brought you some ice cream or french fries. Sorry! You look absolutely beautiful!!!!! I'm super excited for you. Can't wait to meet the little guy. And I promise Adele won't be so grumpy next time. She had a long day.
PS-Thanks for all the tips :0)

Amanda, Brian, & Chase Robert said...

I brought you breadsticks for dinner...does that count?! Just Kidding! Everyone else is right, although it seems like forever right now, on Monday night you'll be preoccupied by something much more amazing than your uncomfy belly! Love you!

Sarah said...

At least you know the end is near. But I totally understand how you feel. I mean, I am going be feeling that way on Christmas! I am already starting to wonder how this kid is going to grow anymore. I don't have the room!

And if I didn't live 3000 miles away, I SO would have brought you ice cream AND bought some maternity clothes!

The light at the end of the tunnel is getting brighter!

Amanda Evans said...

OK, here it goes. You look skinny.

Man, is my nose growing? ;-)