Sunday, November 7, 2010

My prayer for today



and really "should" be for everyday.


But, I am starting today.




AND, a new little phrase I learned from my dear friend Kelly this evening:


**stop "should"-ing people.


I will start with me.




On to today's prayer for myself:

***

Lord God,

Please help me to see others with YOUR eyes: their beauty rather than their ashes;

Please help me to hear others they way YOU hear them: calling for help and allies;

Please help me to breathe the fresh scent of YOU in those around me;

Please help my heart to break for what breaks YOURS and to rejoice with what rejoices YOURS;

Please reveal to me a new way to experience this life and the amazing people that YOU have created.

Please reveal to me the complicated, nuanced individuals that I encounter; and recognize our similarities.

Please help me to be like-minded, having the same love, being one in spirit and in purpose.

Please help me to humble myself - being made in your likeness, but NOT in equality with YOU.


That's all.


For today.


I definitely need YOUR help.



Thank you,
YOUR child, Stacey


1 comment:

Brandi said...

We don't know each other. But I follow your blog.

Thank you for blogging this prayer. Thank you for giving me, and others, the opportunity to read this prayer, that may change my day.

God's blessings to you!