Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Gratefulness 2014

There is a worship song we used to sing in Young Life:

Gratefulness
Gratefulness is what I long for 
Gratefulness is what I need
Gratefulness 
Gratefulness is what You want from me.

Each verse had a new "...ness" 
- Thankfulness
- Brokeness
- Joyfulness, etc


(Hanalei Bay, 2010)

In 2012 I began reading a book by Ann Voskamp titled, "One Thousand Gifts".  The memoir is a very deep and intense look at this woman's life - a life full of tragedy, pain, and dullness.  And yet, it is a life in which one may find a multitude of beauty.  One Thousand Gifts, in fact.  The author documents these blessings, numbers them, and sprinkles them poetically throughout her book.  


And I am, in an attempt to be more Grateful, going to list my blessings this year.  I've done an exercise in gratefulness before, and was amazed at how quickly I could fill a page with detailed, big, and small blessings.  Now, I am documenting them in my Project Life  Scrapbook.  

1,000 gifts in 2014.  

Join me? 

Off to find my cards of lists to share with you,
Stacey

No comments: