Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Gratefulness, a project about true love

So the bible says "Rejoice in the LORD always.  I will say it again, Rejoice! Let your gentleness be evident to all." (Philippians 4:4-5)

Even today?

Even when I'm feeling cranky, complainy, and totally off my rocker?

Yes.  I suppose so.

I have been keeping a little notepad by my bed.  Remember by goals for BALANCE and GRATEFULNESS??  So, rather than mindlessly scrolling through Facebook or Instagram (more than I already do), I've spent the last few minutes before bed writing down things I'm grateful for from the day.

Here are my notes from the past week:

Feb 5, 2014 (#91-98)

  • time with Clark at Target
  • "Stacey, you're creative. Can you help me?" -spoken by two friends I ran into at Michaels.
  • an invitation to a Pizza Factory lunch with Minda & Elliott
  • The kids' excellent quiet time reading, each with a STACK of books.
  • Piano lessons: jane beginning playing with two hands!
  • Haley babysitting so I could...
  • ...relax at yoga!
  • staying up late crafting and planning and plotting.
Feb 6, 2014 (#99-115)
  • Lisa
  • Rain
  • Coffee
  • Tea
  • Boots
  • Umbrellas
  • Garages
  • Legos
  • Dentist
  • Floss
  • Clean Sheets
  • Cuddles
  • Patience
  • Craftiness
  • Warmth
  • Planning
  • Teaching
Feb 8, 2014 (#116-117)
  • Jane's super excited smile and talk throughout the getting ready for the father/daughter dance, leaving, coming home, and getting ready for bed. It was SOOO sweet. Im proud of Blaine for being there for her and for participating.  She loved it!
  • Clark & I having our own little stay-at-home mother/son date.  He chose to watch the "Airshows from Above" movie (my dad's airshow & helicopter team DVD).  It was so cute, his "Awesome!" this and "Awesome!" that throughout.  We were both thrilled to see Grandpa Jim on video.  I am so grateful to have this to remember him through.
Feb 10, 2014 (#118-131)
  • being alive
  • the Olympics
  • being inspired by so many Olympic stories
  • being inspired by the "because of mom" commercials
  • being DONE with the MOPS make-a-meal project 
  • moms showing appreciation for the meals
  • Marisol requesting my help for save-the-dates
  • Clark's silliness
  • Jane wanting to cuddle
  • Patty/Alli/Cory #bookclub
  • Having medicine to put on my giant chin cyst
  • Enough $ in the bank
  • Diane, Argie, Lisa & Kandice cleaning up during/after MOPS today
  • being blessed to watch those servant-leaders in action.

At first, I was wondering how in the world I would be able to list 1,000 gifts in 2014???  It turns out, I could probably list 1,000 gifts every single day.  I am receiving them... but am I really noticing them?  This listing practice is helping.  

Although I am still terribly ungrateful, I'm opening up my eyes.

Join me?

gratefully,
Stacey

No comments: