Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Packing and Other Interesting Moments of My Day.



No photos today folks.

Just me.

I am tired of packing. Although, I managed to pack 8 boxes of kitchen crap (um, stuff I mean). I also finished Jane's closet, the guest room closet, and the hall closet. Unless you all are semi-but-trying-not-to-be packrats like me, let me enlighten you to some objects found during this exercise:

1. Motorola "flip-phone" circa 1997.



2. Trophies circa 1994, 1995, 1996 & 1997. So, i lied about the photos. I just remembered that I did take some pics of these. That way I can scrapbook a flat little layout about my glory days rather than move, unpack, then hoard these shiny remembrances of days gone by in one more house. No more Al Bundy "back in my day".... they are officially in the trash.




3. My box of 'happy thoughts'. This is a little cardboard box that I have been dropping in notes, well-wishes, and kind comments for the last several years. When I feel like a steaming pile of dog crap I just pull out this box, channel my inner Stuart Smalley, and read a few (or dozens depending on the day) of these nice things people have said/written about/to me. I appreciate you guys.

4. spiders. in boxes. Yuck.

5. My danish collectors plates - maybe I'll actually put them up in my real-live dining room!

6. Papers and old college books (but only the ones I got good grades on. Cause let's face it, the bad ones aren't going in the "happy thoughts" box.

7. Snow boots (I bought for $20 and didn't work on my first trip to visit Amanda in Germany).

8. Disco ball.

9. High School dance photos - I totally need these, right? Maybe I should just scan them and add them to this blog..... Robin, would you love it?

10. Weights. For my home exercise routines. Do 'em all the time. So, why are they so dusty?

11. Sewing machine. Maybe I'll use it again someday soon - to make another halloween costume?

12. Lots of other crap. OOOORRR, actually super high-quality stuff that will soon arrive at the Salvation Army.

Ahh, I am all ready to tackle another area of the house for packing now!

3 comments:

robin said...

ok, first of all, i would love to see some h.s. dance pictures! nothing like the glory days... so, scan away! i will love it. maybe. i had a lot of intentions of doing that while home this summer, but i was so pregnant sick i never felt up to it.

i think i was with you when you got that circa 1997 phone. i remember you were my first friend who had a cell phone.

also, where are you moving to? i have been dying to ask you... i keep forgetting. email me if you don't feel comfortable answering such a question in a blog comment.

Amanda Evans said...

Why didn't the snow boots work? Don;t you remember the snowman we make in front of my house? The
"HUGE" snowman standing alone, then the itty bitty snowman we stood next to (wait, it was the same snowman!!!)

Deaners said...

You should hang your Danish plates on a wall like we did.