Thursday, October 1, 2009

Out with the old...

Dear 573,

We liked living in your cozy walls. All new-ish and modern.

Your carpet was threadbare, but not under the couch.

The paint I lovingly hand applied to your walls was just the right color. I mean, I chose it myself and all.


Four bedrooms. Although on the small-ish side (i.e. closet-sized), they were separate spaces with doors.

Those thin little walls. Oh, it was so easy to get someone's attention on the other side of the house.

Remember when we replaced that nasty linoleum in the kitchen? Those were good times.



Remember when I started a grease fire on the stove? No, you aren't supposed to spray it with a fire extinguisher. But, I didn't know.

Now I do.


We replaced your faucets, light fixtures, floors, and handles.

But we could never replace the warmth and shelter you provided in return.

Thank you 573.


Love,
Stacey

1 comment:

Amanda Evans said...

Where are the pics of the new place??? I know I can't really talk...I still need to take and post mine!