Friday, December 25, 2009

'Twas the night of Wilson Christmas




and all through the house
all the creatures were stirring
but that noise had better not be a mouse
(cause that would totally be gross)





When out in the great room there arose such a clatter
when Papa posed like a cheerleader, we wondered what was the matter







when what to Jane's wondering eyes did appear?
but a funny new bike made with wood and no gears!






With my eyes all a bleary from just arising from bed
and Jane's hair crazy sticking out from her head
With Blaine in his camo; me in my new shirt
came this huge diamond necklace that made my heart hurt







When I saw this gift, I covered my nose
to wipe away tears; from my eyes they arose
(I mean, seriously - that's pretty beautiful, right?)









with Jane looking nasty, her mood turning quite quick
I knew in a moment she won't get Saint Nick






the presents may number the new fallen dew
but, people, remember - this girl is just two






So hear me exclaim as my eyes loose their sight
HAPPY Christmas to all, and to all a good-night!



SW

5 comments:

Team Hayes said...

HAPPY. Love it, even the slant rhymes, which usually bug me. A work of art, Stace.

Deaners said...

Great family photo (first one). Everyone is looking at the camera.

Patty said...

YAY!!! It sparkles!!!!! Beautiful.... the necklace AND the poem!!

Suzanne Jenkins said...

i love that you and patty are having poem wars. great entertainment.

p.s. my new macbook shines, but not like your ice. give blaine a pat on the back for me. nice job.

Katie Hayward said...

Cute! Tristyn has almost the same bike as Jane! Its been awesome, way cooler then training wheel bikes!

Katie