Thursday, December 17, 2009

Never.

"What about you? What are some of your nevers? And what do your nevers say about you, for better or for worse? Leave a comment, or blog it yourself. It's a great journaling jump start."
- Cathy Zielske on her blog



So, I'm going to list all my "never"s. I'll see how I do.



I will never be an only child.

I've never been to New York.



I've never been able to calm myself down when I get all worked up.

I never want to hurt someone.

I've never been on time.

I've never watched my dad's memorial video without crying.

I never pass up an offer to go to Starbucks. Cinnamon Dulce Latte, please.


I never understand cancer.

I will never get a tatoo, or get my ears pierced.

I thought I would never be a girl that does my hair and make up. on the same day.

I will never forget the moment I laid eyes on my daughter. On the ultrasound screen, first. Then her real face on December 19, 2007. Amazing.

I can never take back mean words that come out of my mouth.

I never stop regretting those words.

I never thought I would live in Salinas again.

I never thought I would live in Soledad!
(p.s. I got this photo online from a story about the WORST housing market in 2008. Seriously. In the nation. The worst was Soledad!)

I have never flown an airplane.

I never choose chocolate.

I never in a million years could have guessed what my life would look like by now.

I never knew 30 was so young!

I never knew running could be so fun.

I never thought I would say running is fun.

I never say never. :)

3 comments:

Mrs. Gray said...

I have to disagree with the never on time statement! You made it on time to most EARLY morning workouts!!!!

Patty said...

Really... GREAT minds DO think alike!! Love it!!

Team Hayes said...

I NEVER remember to call and tell my nieces and nephews happy birthday. Urgh. I hope Jane likes her gift! Love you guys.

P.S. I thought I'd 'never' be able to forgive certain things...but I have and I'm so thankful for the love that has taken the place of a certain grudge. I hope you are able to let go of all your regrets and 'never' let them become a burden on your life.