Saturday, January 23, 2010

Live from the salt mines: a week in my life!


fold laundry.


wash dishes.



Reporting to you live from 9M! Ok, ok, so it is not really fair to call this adorable little boutique the salt mines. It's not like I have to do any back breaking labor or anything. Or even get up off my butt if I don't want to. Or even clean anything, because I did a stellar job of that yesterday. Or even unpack any new stuff, enter it into the system, and steam it (it's Saturday=no deliveries).

But, I am a little bored!

So, you, my dear blog reader, get to hear the exciting news of a week in my life.

(warning: it is not really exciting.)

Monday:
woke up with Jane. We made her crib into a toddler bed on Sunday (Friday?). Well, some day before Monday. At any rate, she has done pretty well staying in her bed. In fact, all day she gets in and out pretending like she's going to sleep. Pretty cute, right? But, come morning she just screams for me still. She must forget that she can get out by herself?
do laundry. pay bills. wash dishes.
wish Carson a Happy birthday.



Tuesday:
Wake up early to work out. Decide to swim. However, lighting threatens my life (being in that big vat of electro-conducive H2O). Seriously peeved at the weather for being electric, tired because it is now 5:45 am, annoyed that I am dripping wet and didn't even get a workout in - maybe a 500 free! stand in the YMCA shower for 15 minutes trying to get warm.


do laundry. clean dishes.
wish Burt, Delaney & Emelyn a happy birthday.
MOPS mom's night out at Chevy's! Thwart all exercise benefits with a Corona and chicken fajitas.... and a million of those deliciously thin and salty chips. totally fun to talk with the ladies.



Wednesday:
work out at the Y (forgo the attempt at swimming due to the tsunami/tornado outside)
get serious about potty training Jane and go through 5 pairs of "big girl underwear" and pants during our shopping excursion to Baby Branch and Michaels.
do laundry.





Thursday:
wake up to my favorite time of the year: trip to the Dentist!! woo-hoo!! I LOVE clean teeth.
come home and babysit 4 kids of friends for a couple hours. much easier than one might think. lovin hanging out with Wyatt & Adrienne and Bonnie when they pick up their kids.
watch one episode of my new season 5 of Desperate Housewives. those crazy ladies sure make me feel more normal and grounded!
do laundry. wash dishes.




Friday:
dropped jane off at the babysitter. As we pull up to Jacey's house, Jane starts singing "jacey's house, jacey's house! Bye Mom!" this is all before I even open the door from the car! What the heck? Aren't you sad to leave me, kid?
work at the store today. have a lot of fun talking with new and repeat customers. receive new shipments from Bebe au Lait, 9 Seed, and Maternal America. I love getting in new stuff!
blaine brought me a cinn-dulce latte to ease a little caffine-addiction headache I was suffering from. how sweet. so is blaine.
go home, eat a fantastic dinner, visit with frances when she comes over to return my sewing machine, do homework, and watch top-quality-movie-entertainment in 'Stepbrothers'. Man, that was a lot of f-bombs to endure. But, some really funny parts.




Now that it is Saturday, I will have to rest up for another upcoming week of fun, excitement, and laundry!


Love ya like a sista,
S-dub

4 comments:

Amanda Evans said...

Sounds like a fun day! I had to work all day as well, 0600-1700. Another full one tomorrow. Too bad all my money is going to the sitter :-(

Oh, and just typed the "word verification" for your blog. aerrials? What the?

My Personal Journey said...

Love your blog. I am 51 and new to blogging so my page is not nearly as fun! You are very talented!
Have a blessed week.
Cheri

Kylie, since 1982 said...

Yeah, like listing seven times how you did laundry isn't tmi. I had a really fun time reading about tat over and over again.

Team Hayes said...

I like how I have a time zone in your world clocks section. You make me feel so special. I wish I would have done laundry every day last week! I liked your blog so much that, guess what, I'm going to copy it! What's new? I'm going to wait until I have a really exciting week though, like one that involves leaving the house. :)

Oh, and Amanda...my captcha word verification word below is thinpap! Ha!