Wednesday, November 3, 2010

W-T or Ingenious?

But first, a photo of me at 37 weeks preggers.





And now on to today's topic:

I have a carseat that we used for Jane.
It is pink.
I can't really have my little baby boy riding around in a pink carseat.
That would be mean.
I might as well name him Sue.


So, I looked around for car seat covers.

Everything was too....


camo...


or cutesy....


or ugly...


or frilly...


Simply not my taste.



Enter RIT. Fabric Dye. In Black.




I followed the instructions.


It was supposed to be "BLACK".





Although you can see that it is kinda-grey. Really kinda purple.






So, am I ingenious? Or am I a little white trash? Or a little bit o' both?




Either way, stressing over this thing & going out to get a pedicure kept me from frowning at election results all night.


Much love,
Trailer Park Barbie

11 comments:

Mrs. Indecisive said...

well, I think it's ingenious, although it back-fired a smidgen. I would have never thought of it!

Unknown said...

I think it's ingeniours too! I would have never even throught of that..I would of just gone and paid too much for a new one...thumbs up!

Lindsey Alves said...

I think it was a great idea... maybe if you tired to die it again, it would darken up??? If not, go with camo.... hides lots of stuff....

Team Hayes said...

It is definitely the safest option! Aftermarket car seat covers are not a good idea at all because they have not been crash tested for safety with your seat. Keeping the cover that came with the seat, and dying it was a win-win!

Sarah said...

First of all, I think you look great! I am sure you are feeling like you can't grow anymore at this point. I am feeling that way and I am only 30 weeks!

I say go with another round of dye. But I totally agree with Amy, it is totally the safest way to go! Totally smart (and so much cheaper) too!

Sarah said...

Our and my verification word was mourking. Who comes up with this stuff! :p

Cori Gentry said...

I swear dye is all lies. I've never been able to dye light stuff black. It's always gray or purple. Anyhow, I say go with it... and Amy has a good point with the covers, I didn't know that!

Jamie Bellew said...

Seriously, how do you not fall over?!? Austin was asking today if we could go to Jane's house, because she has a baby, and I said, "not yet it is still in Stacey's tummy" and he said, "yeah, it freaked me out when her mommy opened her shirt!"
On the cover side, I say just go with the grey, or pink, or whatever, trust me, he will spend the years of 1-4 wearing dresses and high heels carrying purses anyway! He will be around girls for the majority of his time, and that is what he will want to emulate. Then he will grow out of it!

Mrs. Gray said...

I think its ingenious! Only because it is totally something I would do! :)

Amanda Evans said...

Your belly is so much bigger this time around, that baby boy is going to be HUGE! Be thankful you don't have to squeeze him out of your $#%^&*! Seriously, though, your belly looks cute. "I like big bellies and I can not lie, you other brothers can't deny..."

Lastly, your belly looks so big that your boobs ACTUALLY look SMALL. CRAZY!!!!

Love ya!

jodi serrano said...

I will get you a 5-pack of "Blanco Basura" (the 6th drink is a tequila chaser) when you have popped baby boy out! Did you dye the pink piping on the sunshade too?