Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Workspace Wednesday

January.

I get all crazed with purging in January.

Post-holiday piles of stuff. 

My birthday, followed by Halloween, Clark's birthday, Thanksgiving, Jane's Birthday, Christmas...

Ah, January.

When the accumulation of stuff overwhelms me and I begin the process of sorting, tossing, and donating.  I love January. 

BEFORE

So I look at this stifling room; this office/crafty space; this space that was not inspiring me.  The lighting: (which still needs to be addressed) dim & yellow, the furniture: not working together well, the STUFF: everywhere...

DURING

So, naturally, I did absolutely nothing about the piles of crap (except move them into one monstrosity of a pile), and pick out some paint colors.  I had to move all the furniture.  I had to go get a new paintbrush.  I had to enjoy the therapeutic back and forth, back and forth of the brush on the wall. 


AFTER 

I am so glad I did.  The brightening up of this room forced me to clean through things.  It forced me to see things with a different light.  It forced me to rearrange.

The thing about rearranging your space is that it rearranges your mind/soul/spirit. 


Now, I'll take you on a little photo tour, circling to the right.  I'll show each wall, then a little detail, K?  If you have any questions about my storage/space that I don't address, please leave me a comment & I'll get right back to you.

(Spray ink shelf, in ROYGBV order- of course!) 



(East-facing wall)


(Super-cute assistant)


(Washi, Stamps & old letter stickers for the kids)


(South wall)


 (Kids' art stuff + Cute Assistant)


(West wall / Closet)


 Mini-books and storage


 And, back to my workstation

 Thank you for looking at this photo tour of my newly refreshed space!

May your 2014 be refreshing,
Stacey

No comments: